Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Patriotism of Decent, and Decency



This past Wednesday I took part in the Tax Day Tea Party at Lincoln Square, Worcester. Bright sunshine and strong winds greeted those that attended. The crowd numbered in thousands and was well behaved. I am proud of my fellow citizens and the small part I played in this event. An excellent account of the rally can be found at Hubpolitics.


What I am distressed by is the tone and terminology used by those who choose to oppose this movement. There were countless pundits in the MSM who took this chance to engage in the vilest ad hominem attacks against those attending the rallies. Even more churlish were those that mouthed a little known vulgarism as an epithet. What weakness must their convictions have that this is the only defense that they can muster.

No comments: